Hi Dolls, and we can not forget about the Gents! Welcome to EYE-LOVE Cosmetics. It is a blog about, you guessed it, Make-Up. More importantly it is about my journey as a Full-Time Accountant/Part-Time Professional Free-Lance Make-Up Artist, and the hardships I encounter to make it as a Full-Time Professional Free-Lance Artist. So sit back and enjoy the ride, I am sure it will be bumpy.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Discovering You

I know this blog is about cosmetics and make-up artistry, but there will be sometimes that I will share other stuff.  This is one of those times.  For the past few years I have been on a road of self discovery and happiness.  I am a firm believer that we have the choice to lead the lives we desire.  I have always been a pessimist so if you are doubting what I am saying, I was that person.  I may have been a pessimist, but I was and am a very determined person.  I have put a lot of work into where I am today and slowly inching towards where I want to be.  The reason why I am sharing this with you, is because I know the hardships of life, being at a miserable job and/or dreading waking up in  the morning; and I am going to share something that has helped me.

The book is called, "Add More -ing To Your Life," by Gabrielle Bernstein.  Gabrielle hit "rock bottom" when she was 25 and from then on the only way for her to go was up.  She uses her life lessons to help empower other women and find their core.  The book is 12 chapters, each concentrating on different acts that will help you release your -ing. I love this book because it is easy to follow.  I have read everything from "The Secret," by Rhonda Byrne to "The Power of Now," by Eckhart Tolle.  Although these books were extremely informative and the beginning of my journey, I felt like I was missing something.  That something was direction.  Gabrielle makes reading, learning and working easy and fun.  I needed things put into layman's terms and Gabrielle answered my prayers.  The chapters are broken up with an intro and followed by the -ing equation for that section - even complete with exercises to help release your -ing.

If you are on a path of self discovery, I highly recommend "Add More -ing To Your Life."






She is wearing angel wings, how can you not love her?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, for those days when I'm in a rut, I'm going to be reading this :) Great blog!
    XX


    Follow my blog at http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete